Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lingering Spring

I can’t believe that it has been almost a year since I have updated here. There is so much that has happened. One of the more significant events in my life is the fact I lost 50 lbs this past year and am feeling so healthy and enriched because of the change in my body as well as my heart. It is amazing what being healthy can do for one’s attitude and view on life.

Timothy and Abigail continue to grow at such a rapid pace, I want to slow time down and grasp each moment as it comes. Abby has become a blond headed princess, doted on by everyone who meets her. Tim is tall and strong, healthy despite his periodic bouts with Asthma. He loves to run and play and frequently knocks his little sister over in his exuberance. Life is a book to him, each page opening to find new worlds to explore, new experiences to walk through, with every new aspect greeted by a thousand questions. “What is that mama? What does that do? Where are we going? When will we get there?” It is a nonstop monolog of questions, interrupted by a few replies from his parents. Because Tim has some problems hearing, due to large gland’s blocking his ear canal, his questions are twice as loud as a normal child’s, a fact which draws attention to us when we ride on public transport.

I quit work at the International Clinic to stay home full time with the children. They are plenty of work wrapped up in two bundles of energy. I struggled, however, with the sudden decrease in interaction with other adults and found myself discouraged during the long dark winter, hungering for fellowship with other women. It continues to be a large area I miss in my life. I feel isolated from the world, lonely at times. It is during these times that the Lord reaches out to me and reminds me that he is ever near – and that fellowship with him is sweetest of all. As the summer months approach and we are able to get out of the apartment more frequently, the children and I spend up to two hours a day walking, playing, and roller-blading in our courtyard or nearby parks.

Golden sunlight streams through our window at 5 am in the morning now and doesn’t stop till 10 pm. The long days of spring are upon us. This is the time I love most in our city, when twilight lingers for hours as the sun slowly dips below the horizon to rise again in a few hours. Plants grow madly in the long days, and couples can be seen strolling the along the canal till late at night, enjoying the golden glow. Children play in the courtyard until well past their bedtime – a constant arguing point with Tim – and boats with loads of tourists prowl the canals. Tim, like the sun, is getting up earlier and earlier – I’m threatening to put black paper over his windows so he won’t get up at 4 am later this spring. Life slows down, and we all enjoy the beauty of this time of year.

Please pray for Aaron and Kelly as they continue to work on starting their business. Our family will have to make a decision within the next month or so on whether we are to stay in Russia or return home. It was our hope that the business would be started by the end of this month, but it looks like there are some delays to expect. Our resources are dwindling so we need to know for certain if the business will start soon or not.

Continue to pray for my sister Rebbecca as well. She is battling for her life with bone cancer and is one of the bravest persons I know.

Blessings and in His Love

Ramona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imagine my surprise to see you have updated. Okay, now I have to ask; how did you lose all that weight. You look fabulous but the funny thing is that Ive always seen you thin because I last saw you as a teenager.

Prayers for you and your family. Im praying for Becky too.

Tammy